Wednesday, June 21, 2017

KBShimmer ~ The Holy Kale



KBShimmer ~ The Holy Kale
Green linear holo with added micro glass flakes that shift between blue and pink

The Holy Kale is from the Winter/Holiday collection from 2016. I only bought it recently though.

The formula is good but the polish is a teeny wee bit sheer. I applied two coats but when I look at my pictures I can see that I should have added a third coat. That’s noted for the next time I wear it: Three coats is needed. The drying time is really good, no worries there.

I stamped on it. The chevrons are from my new Lina stamping plate “Feeling shapely! 01” and I stamped with a stamping polish from El Corazón called “Restless Nights”. It’s a beautiful shimmery dark purple.

Here’s my final mani, including a layer of topcoat, and taken with flash.


Here’s the same thing taken in ordinary daylight, no sun. On this picture you get a glimpse of the pretty micro glass flecks showing off their blue side.


This is The Holy Kale on it’s own. It’s two coats and no topcoat. Like I said: I should have applied three coats for full opacity.


Here are the two sisters side by side. I really like that stamping polish, it’s so nice with a good dark purple for stamping!


Number of coats: 2 – but I should have used 3
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Linear holo with micro glass flecks
Overall impression: Cool colour and great rainbows. I’m glad it dries fast, otherwise I would have said “no” to buy again
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. This is very pretty, I really like the colour combination and the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so beautiful stamped!

    ReplyDelete