Thursday, March 15, 2018

Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Gamma Ray



Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Gamma Ray
Red scattered holo

Today’s polish is a sister to “Wine Malaga” that I showed you yesterday. I wasn’t impressed with the sister and was curious to see if the first one was just the odd one out, or if all the three sisters I bought would be equally difficult to work with.

Let me spill the beans right away: This sister is equally weird!

I used two very difficult coats for my manicure. The polish is streaky and the moment you stroke the brush more than once, the formula acts up really goopy. The polish dries up semi matte and the drying time is good.

I stuck on a Snoopy sticker on my ring finger nail and a paw print sticker on the middle nail. I think the stickers are from Aliexpress.

Here’s my manicure photographed with flash. The rainbows aren’t as pretty as they are on BornPrettyStore’s website either. Bummer!

Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Gamma Ray
 
Here is what “Gamma Ray” looks like in daylight. It’s a pretty colour so it’s a shame that it’s so difficult to apply evenly.

Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Gamma Ray

This is “Gamma Ray” on its own; two coats and no topcoat yet. I like the glow but I miss clear rainbows.

Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Gamma Ray

I really like the colour of “Gamma Ray”, but unfortunately the formula lets the polish down.

I still got one sister left. I am going to give her a try tomorrow – stay tuned for that experience.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Scattered holo
Overall impression: The formula is streaky and weird. Nice colour and drying time.  
Buy again: No

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love that gorgeous glowing red! It's a shame the formula was weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty, but yes, it was really odd!

      Delete
  2. It`s beautiful and it`s a shame that the formula is bit tricky.

    ReplyDelete