Wednesday, April 18, 2018

KBShimmer ~ Deck the Claws


KBShimmer ~ Deck the Claws
Red with holographic microglitter

I am such a sucker for glittery red polishes, and I wear them all year long! “Deck the Claws” was part of KBShimmer’s holiday collection 2017 called “Holo-Day”.´

The formula is on the thick side but I often prefer that to the thinner formulas. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time was good. The polish doesn’t dry up super flat so you need to apply two layers of topcoat to make it totally smooth. The polish isn’t super shiny when it dries up either, but a layer of topcoat makes all the glittery goodness come to life.

I had originally planned to stamp on it, but I changed my mind when I saw how pretty it was on my nails. I wore it on its own!

So here’s two coats and a layer of topcoat. The photo is taken in ordinary daylight, no sun.

KBShimmer ~ Deck the Claws

Isn’t it just pretty? I really love polishes like this one!

KBShimmer ~ Deck the Claws

This picture is taken with flash.

KBShimmer ~ Deck the Claws

I’m not really that used to wear a polish all on its own, but it’s nice once in a while.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Red with microglitter
Overall impression: This is so pretty. Be still, my glittery heart!
Buy again: Yes

7 comments: